From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Crunch 0.4.0 release preparation
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 14:43:13 GMT
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 2:26 AM, Gabriel Reid <gabriel.reid@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01 Nov 2012, at 10:20, Matthias Friedrich <matt@mafr.de> wrote:
>
> > In general I think we should have at least three people who know how
> > to cut a release so we can take turns and progress isn't blocked when
> > someone is busy.
>
> +1. I definitely want to get in on this too, although I won't be able to
> participate in it this week(end). I'm not familiar with the whole release
> process, and I definitely want to change that.

It's actually pretty painless. The only trouble I had last time was when I
had to make some changes to the initial RC, but we added instructions about
how to do that to the release guide:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CRUNCH/Release+Guide

Also, Matthias, I checked with Pat last time: you don't need to be part of
the Apache web of trust in order to do an incubator release, so don't worry
about that yet. We'll need to get everybody in once we're a TLP.

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>