From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website update for 0.4.0 (incubating)
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 11:22:58 GMT

On 17 Nov 2012, at 12:03, Matthias Friedrich <matt@mafr.de> wrote:

> I have updated the staging site [1] with new apidocs and download
> links. If that's OK for everyone I'll publish the site on Sunday
> morning (some European time). That should be enough waiting time
> for mirrors.

Sounds (and looks) good to me.

> BTW: Do we need to post some sort of announcement? If yes, to which
> list? crunch-user?

I think we should definitely (at least) post to crunch-user, but I'm wondering
if there isn't some sort of larger list we can post to. I've actually been asked
several times about how to stay on top of new releases of Crunch, and
I unfortunately haven't ever been able to give a decent answer.

On a somewhat related note, would it be interesting/useful to have a
Twitter account for Crunch, to have an additional channel to post
information about releases, etc? Anyone in favor of or against that idea (or
is there anything around being in the ASF that prevents it)?

- Gabriel