From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject Re: Website update for 0.4.0 (incubating)
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 11:39:29 GMT
Hi,

On Saturday, 2012-11-17, Gabriel Reid wrote:
> On 17 Nov 2012, at 12:03, Matthias Friedrich <matt@mafr.de> wrote:
[...]
>> BTW: Do we need to post some sort of announcement? If yes, to which
>> list? crunch-user?

> I think we should definitely (at least) post to crunch-user, but I'm
> wondering if there isn't some sort of larger list we can post to.
> I've actually been asked several times about how to stay on top of
> new releases of Crunch, and I unfortunately haven't ever been able
> to give a decent answer.

Some incubating projects post to incubator-general, but that's very
rare. We should probably start with crunch-user; once we have
graduated we could either set up our own announcements list or post to
the ASF-wide one.

> On a somewhat related note, would it be interesting/useful to have a
> Twitter account for Crunch, to have an additional channel to post
> information about releases, etc? Anyone in favor of or against that
> idea (or is there anything around being in the ASF that prevents
> it)?

Things are in fact a bit more complicated because we're part of the
ASF, and even more so because we're in the incubator. See [1] and
[2] for more information.

Maybe we should wait until our project name has been approved. Someone
has to perform the podling name search, but since I've covered at lot
of boring stuff on the organizational front since I joined the
project, I'd really like someone else to do this ;-)

Regards,
  Matthias

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#announcements
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html