From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Nov 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 19:35:11 GMT
Hi,

here's what I would write. Please add/improve, maybe something
about graduation plans?

--------------------
Crunch

Crunch is a Java library for writing, testing, and running pipelines
of MapReduce jobs on Apache Hadoop.

Crunch entered incubation on 2012-05-29.

The most important steps towards graduation:

  - Create another release or two
  - Perform the name search

Nothing that currently requires IPMC attention.

Community:

  The Crunch community has been very active and continues to
  grow. Two new committers have been voted in and one existing
  committer has joined the PPMC. As a result, Crunch now has 10
  committers from 6 different organizations.
  We have created our first release in September and have published
  a website using the Apache CMS a few days later. Our second
  release will follow in November.

Development:

  - 76 issues were created on the Crunch JIRA in August to October,
    70 of those were resolved.
  - crunch-dev has been active: 922 emails in the reporting period
  - Apache CMS and ReviewBoard for Crunch are up and running
  - All ICLAs are in place, including those for the new committers

Regards,
  Matthias