From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Crunch 0.4.0 release preparation
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:51:45 GMT
Hey all,

I'd like to get our final preparations in place for the 0.4.0 Crunch
release. Among the remaining issues, the only things that seem required for
the release are CRUNCH-63 (including the CHANGES.txt file), although it
would be great to include CRUNCH-105 (DOT files for the planner) if at all
possible.

I cc'd Roman on here so we can be sure that we position the release to be
compatible w/Bigtop. Thanks to Matthias, we have both support for .tar.gz
release files and binary release artifacts. We're using Hadoop 1.0.3 as our
default build target, although it is possible to do the build against the
Hadoop 2.0.x APIs via the crunch.platform property in the top-level POM
file.

Question for everyone: is there anything else you would like to include in
0.4.0 that is close to completion?
Question for Roman: is there anything else we should double-check on for
Bigtop compatibility?

Thanks,
Josh

--