From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject Re: Incubation Status
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 15:59:23 GMT
On Tuesday, 2012-10-02, Josh Wills wrote:
> +1 on the patch, thanks!
>
> Re: graduation, we need to do a podling name search, IIRC. We should
> also crank out a few more releases to demonstrate that the first one
> wasn't a fluke. :)

Do we have anyone who has done such a name search before? I should be
someone who knows at least a bit about relevant US laws.

Cutting another release should be no problem. We have 12 open issues,
none of which block the release. After CRUNCH-84 is done we can ask
the Bigtop guys if the binary release meets their requirements. If it
does I'm going to play the release process through locally so that
things work more smoothly this time.

I would have loved to have the core module split from CRUNCH-60 (along
with a few Javadoc tweaks), but this may take a bit and I'm not
exactly sure where we are with this.

> But aside from that, I feel pretty good-- ten committers from six
> different organizations, our IP stuff is easy b/c our dependencies
> are minimal, etc. Everything else besides the raw # of releases
> seems good.

Yep. Activity is good, too. Not a lot happening on the user list,
but that's not a requirement for graduation.

Regards,
  Matthias