From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karma for Site-SVN needed
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 19:01:59 GMT
Hi guys,

Just to check: the one thing we're waiting on for this is INFRA-5092 [1], and once the CMS
is enabled then the site will automatically be up, with the next step being the committing
of the site content that Matthias has done into svn under [2], and with those two things taken
care of then we'll have a working site up at [3] -- is that all correct?

If there are any other points that are missing (and for which I can take some action on),
anyone who can point me in the right direction?

I guess we've still got a short little while before the release for the INFRA issue to happen,
but should that not happen, what do you think of just putting in a redirect to the wiki [4]?
Any idea if that's technically easy/possible?

If I can help out on this, I really want to (in the last couple of days before I'm on vacation
and away from internet access for a bit) -- I would also particularly like to take some of
the pressure off of Matthias on this if possible (if that's ok for you Matthias!), as he's
been pretty alone on taking care of this stuff so far.

- Gabriel

[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/crunch
[3] http://incubator.apache.org/crunch/
[4] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CRUNCH/Index

On Tuesday 28 August 2012 at 23:03, Josh Wills wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Gabriel Reid <gabriel.reid@gmail.com (mailto:gabriel.reid@gmail.com)>wrote:
>
> > My two cents: first of all, I think the site looks awesome -- Matthias,
> > you continue to amaze me with how good you are at getting stuff like this
> > done!
>

> +100
>

> > I think it would be *really* good if we could have the site up before we
> > do a release, just to have a place to point people towards. On the other
> > hand, if getting the site up is going to delay things a whole lot, I'd opt
> > towards making a release without the site.
>

> I agree-- I am in the *really* wanting website camp. That said, I think we
> can start the process of crafting the release internal to the project and
> create some release candidates for our mentors to start reviewing, as I'm
> sure it will take us a few tries to get this right before we take it to
> general@incubator. I'm happy to serve as release manager for this and will
> start by getting my keys into into the Apache web of trust.
>

> > - Gabriel
> >

> > On Tuesday 28 August 2012 at 22:01, Matthias Friedrich wrote:
> >
> > > OK. Just to be clear, in my opinion having a site is no prerequisite
> > > for releasing.

> > matt@mafr.de (mailto:matt@mafr.de))>

> > CMS-enabled

> > changes