From Rahul <rsha...@xebia.com>
Subject New module to share user functions
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 04:11:35 GMT
Hi Folks,

There can be interesting use-cases like BloomFilters which do not have a
place in the current set of Crunch modules. These functions are kind of
utility functions that can be used in Crunch. We need to create a place
where users can share such functions. In the earlier discussion for
BloomFilters we thought of some thing that is well along the lines of
PiggyBank. I had a look at the module but in Pig's structure the module
is branched under contrib module as there are other modules like peeny
for monitering and zebra for storage.

I have created a module name *crunch-bytes* , for issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CRUNCH-75, which is direct
sub-module in crunch-parent. I named it so because I felt it will
providing a space to have all those interesting data computations that
we can not have in core.

Please share your thoughts for the same.

regards,
rahul