From Rahul Sharma <rsha...@hosted.exchange-login.net>
Subject RE: Continuous Integration is up and running
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 17:20:56 GMT
Sonar is good for reporting but I do not know if sonar can send notifications. On the other
hand a failing build provides a constant reminder that there are some issues to fix.
Furthermore, after fixes a CI build can give feedback for new patches, we need not to check
sonar to see its impact. It would be immediately available with a failed build.

regards,
Rahul
From: Matthias Friedrich [matt@mafr.de]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 4:10 PM
To: crunch-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Continuous Integration is up and running

Hi,

see below.

On Wednesday, 2012-08-08, Rahul wrote:
[...]
> Since we now have a CI instance, can we have a build that can list
> down the quality of the project ? We have added some quality metrics
> eg checkstyle to maven site plugin, but I am not sure when would
> that be built. May be at the time of release ? But wouldn't that be
> late to do any meaningful fixes.

I think it would be better to use Apache's Sonar instance [1] because
then we don't have to worry about where to publish the site. I wasn't
planning on doing this before release though. IIRC, Sonar and FindBugs
flag 30-40 potentially critical bugs (no blockers!) and about 30 package
dependency cycles. We won't get that done before release and Checkstyle
is a bit lower on my agenda :)

> @Matthias : please add my address to the notification list.

I've added you and Gabriel to the notification list.

Regards,
  Matthias

[1] https://analysis.apache.org/