From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Release preparations: Branching model
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 22:12:52 GMT
The only other serious contender to a release management process would be
git flow, i.e.,

https://github.com/nvie/gitflow

If I was to summarize the difference, I think it comes down to whether
origin/master reflects the development work we are doing towards the next
release, or whether it reflects the current stable release, and the
origin/develop branch is the piece that we currently work off of.

I haven't worked in either of the two paradigms, having developed
server-based software for far too long, and I'd like a discussion on the
pros and cons so I can visualize the consequences of each choice.

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>