From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Karma for Site-SVN needed
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:03:25 GMT
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Gabriel Reid <gabriel.reid@gmail.com>wrote:

> My two cents: first of all, I think the site looks awesome -- Matthias,
> you continue to amaze me with how good you are at getting stuff like this
> done!

+100

> I think it would be *really* good if we could have the site up before we
> do a release, just to have a place to point people towards. On the other
> hand, if getting the site up is going to delay things a whole lot, I'd opt
> towards making a release without the site.

I agree-- I am in the *really* wanting website camp. That said, I think we
can start the process of crafting the release internal to the project and
create some release candidates for our mentors to start reviewing, as I'm
sure it will take us a few tries to get this right before we take it to
general@incubator. I'm happy to serve as release manager for this and will
start by getting my keys into into the Apache web of trust.

> - Gabriel
>

> On Tuesday 28 August 2012 at 22:01, Matthias Friedrich wrote:
>
> > OK. Just to be clear, in my opinion having a site is no prerequisite
> > for releasing.
> >
> > On Tuesday, 2012-08-28, Josh Wills wrote:
> > > The site looks great to me.

> matt@mafr.de)>

> CMS-enabled

> changes