From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject Release Guide
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 20:12:31 GMT
Hi,

the incubator docs strongly encourage each project to write a
project-specific release guide. I've started with an outline on the
wiki [1] based on heaps of documents I found on apache.org. There's
little text yet, we need to be a lot more specific so that our
prospective release manager stands a chance.

I have never done an Apache release before (or even witnessed one), so
any help is greatly appreciated, especially from the more experienced
Apache citizens!

I'm going to work some more on the document this weekend, but feel
free to edit the wiki page at any time.

Thanks,
  Matthias

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CRUNCH/Release+Guide