From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject Continuous Integration is up and running
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 19:54:50 GMT
Hey guys,

we now have two Jenkins build jobs for Crunch:

  * https://builds.apache.org/job/Crunch-master/
  * https://builds.apache.org/job/Crunch-master-integration/

The first one runs "mvn package" on commit, the second one runs
"mvn verify" nightly. Apache's build farm seems to be overloaded
so I think it's better to be good citizens and not run our integration
tests on commit. If you want email notifications you can add your mail
address at the job configuration page (you need editing authorization
for this). Before taking this further towards producing reports, let's
see how stable the system is.

Thanks Josh and Brock for getting this started!

For people reading this mail on the archives: If you are using git and
get an error message "Could not apply tag ... Please tell me who you
are" then see INFRA-4697.

Jenkins wans to tag each build and that fails if git's user.email and
user.name are missing. Some build machines are properly set up, others
aren't, producing this error message. You can set these configuration
values in your Jenkins job config. In section "Build Environment",
activate checkbox "Set environment variables" and enter the following:

  GIT_COMMITTER_NAME=Jenkins
  GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL=your.name@example.com

Good luck :)

Regards,