From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject Proposal to drop BSON support
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:18:34 GMT
Hi,

working on CRUNCH-16 [1] we noticed that there is currently no clean
way to support BSON via jackson-smile in CDH-3 because of dependency
problems (see the JIRA issue for details). Because of this I propose to
temporarily drop BSON support until CDH-3 is no longer supported.

Users who still need it can add those ~50 lines themselves, you'll find
them in the PTypes class (PTypes.smile() etc.). If you decide to do this,
you will need to set the HADOOP_USER_CLASSPATH_FIRST environment variable
when running jobs on CDH-3.

If nobody objects I'll submit a patch for this so we can finish CRUNCH-16.

Thanks,
  Matthias

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CRUNCH-16