From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject Re: Checkstyle config
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2012 18:21:05 GMT
Hi,

On Saturday, 2012-07-14, Josh Wills wrote:
> +1. teh goog was pretty militant about style checking, and I would be happy
> to bring that process back.

Great, I can definitely help with that. We use CI with all kinds of
static code analysis tools at work and it definitely helped us improve
quality. It takes a while to select meaningful metrics though.

I've seen Apache provides Jenkins and Sonar instances that we can
use. Next steps would be to make Crunch ready for CI. Right now Crunch
is no good CI citizen, it leaves stuff behind in /tmp and I think the
HBase test also opens network ports.

> I *think* we're done with major code movements as of the recent unit
> test/integration test split (which is delightful- thank you again
> Matthias.) Gabriel, it might be a good time for a format-all.

Glad you like it and sorry for the broken patch. I'm still new to this
git business, so if my patches don't apply cleanly just tell me and
I'll fix them.

Regards,
  Matthias