From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject kiyan's contribution
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 17:32:41 GMT
My dear mentors,

I'm trying to understand the best way to incorporate this contribution
into Crunch-- a scala repl for Scrunch:

https://github.com/cloudera/crunch/pull/42

He did the pull relative to the cloudera/crunch mirror, which I've
been keeping in sync with the apache git repo while we get the rest of
the infrastructure setup.

I'm doing the CCLA emails today-- should I incorporate this change now
and have Kiyan sign off on it as part of the CLA email I send him for
his other patches? Or should we do it as a new patch separate from the
contributor license agreeements on the existing code? And if so, what
is the best way to do that? Create a JIRA and have him check the box
indicating that the copyright to the code is assigned to apache?

Sorry for the basic Q-- we hadn't run into this situation yet since
all of the patches since the apache repo were setup have come from
committers.

Director of Data Science
Cloudera
Twitter: @josh_wills