From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject PMC resignation
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2014 16:11:31 GMT
Hi all,

 Yesterday, some members of the PMC asked me on the private mailing-list to
rename the opencouch project because of possible trademark infringements
without any direct contact before. They did it after I linked the project
in a discussion on irc [1]. The same request has already been done
previously with the project CowDB on which we found an agreement. This
latest issue/conflict and its conclusion made me took the following
decision.

As of today I am resigning from the Apache CouchDB PMC. I will continue to
contribute to the project as a committer as much as possible.

When I accepted to be a member of the PMC, I took it as an opportunity to
put back the project in the rails of innovation, to improve the
interactions over the code and keep the project business neutrality.

Unfortunately, these last days left me with no illusions about the
possibilities I have to achieve it. Moreover, I do not want to be
associated with some actions from some members in the PMC and can't find
the necessary level of trust to work on these topics with others.

This is a hard decision for me due to the energy I put in the support of
the Apache CouchDB project. But the ongoing situation is very
negative/toxic for me, killing all the fun I could have in the project.
It's time for me to focus on what matters.

I wish a better success to the people that stay at the PMC.

- benoit.

[1] https://friendpaste.com/48tGyXTnuyeqfhpt3wloRZ