From Alexey Elfman <>
Subject old-style (hashed) passwords for admin are broken in 1.6.0?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:35:56 GMT

I've experiencing troubles after upgrade to 1.6.0.
After short investigation, I realized, that troubles are with admin users
with hashed password (not pbkdf) in locals.ini file.

Users with hashed password experiencing 403 error accessing couchdb 1.6.0
(all previous versions work fine). Error text isn't helpfull:
"{"error":"forbidden","reason":"doc.type must be user"}"

So, my recommendation is to reset password before upgrade (it will become
in pbkdf format).

This trouble (breaking change?) was not covered in change log for 1.6.0,
so, may be, my message will be helpfull for somebody.

Best regards
Alexey Elfman