From Stanley Iriele <>
Subject Re: Control view query performance
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 04:54:26 GMT
firstly..Thanks for the,I answer appreciate that. I was in a hurry while
writing the past email

To be slightly clearer. I know that the _changes feed is generated from
 some bookkeeping mechanism internal to the database. When I said
"Calculated for a particular set of entries" I mean the actual javascript
view server that is evaluating your map function because the doc(s) have
been fed to it and it must response with the emitted results. I ..could
have phrased that better.

My questions revolve around how CouchDB utilizes the view server...and if
there is only one of them running at a given time on a box.The docs suggest
that CouchDB talks to a view server with a line bases protocol, but I don't
know there can be more than one view server executing map functions at a
time...and if that a configurable thing?