From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject [ANN] CouchDB-Python 0.10
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 18:13:32 GMT
Hello all,

We finally have a new release of CouchDB-Python: 0.10.

Here's the major changes in this release compared to 0.9:

- Now compatible with Python 2.7, 3.3 and 3.4
- Added batch processing for the couchdb-dump tool
- A very basic API to access the _security object
- A way to access the update_seq value on view results

The porting effort for Python 3 took quite a bit of work (see the PS,
below). While our tests pass and some users have tested against their
applications, it is quite possible there's something I missed. Please
file an issue if you find anything, so we can take a look at getting
it fixed.

Additionally, our development has shifted to GitHub:

https://github.com/djc/couchdb-python

The release can be downloaded from PyPI, here:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/CouchDB/0.10

Start reading the documentation hosted on PyPI:

http://pythonhosted.org/CouchDB/

Many thanks to all contributors!

Cheers,

Dirkjan and the rest of the CouchDB-Python team

P.S. If you're interested in some more details about the Python 3
porting work, read my blog post:
http://dirkjan.ochtman.nl/writing/2014/07/06/single-source-python-23-doctests.html.