From Mike Marino <mmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which view is better optimized ?
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 17:12:00 GMT
On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Tito Ciuro <tciuro@mac.com> wrote:

> Is it better then to define a view per design doc then? If I have say, 8
> views for a given person design doc, would you place them in one single doc
> or break them into smaller units?

I think that probably heavily depends on your use case.  We have generally
split our views that are slightly slower to process into separate design
documents so that they may be run in parallel.  In the case of a query that
requires a (re)build (e.g. no stale=ok or update_after), then this also
means that we only have to wait for the one view to finish.

mgm