From Jens Alfke <>
Subject Re: Control view query performance
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 04:33:08 GMT
I am no expert on the implementation of CouchDB, but I don’t believe your question makes
sense in the form that you asked it. The changes feed isn’t related to views at all. Rather,
there’s an underlying by-sequence index in the main database that’s scanned to generate
that feed. And it doesn’t “calculate” docs; it just returns existing doc IDs and revision

If that’s not what you were actually asking, you’ll need to rephrase your question more

On Jul 13, 2014, at 8:49 PM, Stanley Iriele <> wrote:

> any thoughts on this?...Its not a blocker..I'd just really like to know
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Stanley Iriele <>
> wrote:
>> When a doc needs to be calculated for a particular set of entries from the
>> changes feed...are docs sent one at a time or in batches?... And is there
>> just one view server doing all of the computation.
>> there a way to configure or control any of the settings that
>> would dictate the above? number of view servers.. Or batch size for
>> docs.... Etc... And if not should there be?.. But I've been very curious
>> about this for a while... I looked a few view server implementations..
>> But...meh

View raw message