From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Replicate n documents to another database?
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2014 05:07:20 GMT

On Jul 4, 2014, at 5:32 PM, Daniel Suen <ttdsuen@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

> I want to set up some test data from a large database, and the fastest is to just replicate
n arbitrary documents from that database. I checked the _replicate interface, and it seems
that I cannot specify A/_all_docs?limit=n as the source...

You can specify a set of document IDs to replicate. And you can get a set of document IDs
from _all_docs?limit=n. You’ll just need to write a bit of glue code to extract the doc
IDs from the _all_docs response, and put them into the request to _replicate.

—Jens