From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: Couchdb installation issue
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 06:55:54 GMT
> Hello Team ,
> I have installed the erlang using OTP , while instllating mozila
> monkey 1.8..5 and i am getting following error .

> make[1]: *** [] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/etc/yum.repos.d/js-1.8.5/js/src'

Welcome Sagu!

To resolve the compile issues we’ll need some more details. I’m assuming you are building
some version of couchdb from source on a RH-alike linux? BTW I’m no linux expert but /etc/yum.repos.d/js-1.8.5/js/src
seems an odd place to keep source code, if that’s actually what’s happening.

Some questions:

- what instructions are you referring to?
- what OS/version is this?
- what erlang + couchdb version are you trying to build?
- can you use packaged binaries for spidermonkey, erlang, curl etc rather than building your
own, at least initially?
- how was erlang built/installed, and which version?
- what is the command & output of spidermonkey’s configure script?
- what is the command & output of couchdb’s configure script?

Please use a paste service like rather than post the full output to the