From Suraj Kumar <suraj.ku...@inmobi.com>
Subject Per-user rate-limiting of writes
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 09:49:30 GMT
Hi,

We use CouchDB's _users DB extensively for authentication. We'd like to
rate-limit the number of writes to CouchDB per user. How can this be
achieved? One way is to make a web-server do the rate-limiting. But we're
really looking for rate limiting how many docs a given user can have in the
system beyond which writes should 'fail'. How can this be done? I can think
of ways to 'keep no more than N docs per user' but I'd ideally like to
inform the user via HTTP response then and there when write rate-limit
threshold has crossed.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

  -Suraj

--
An Onion is the Onion skin and the Onion under the skin until the Onion
Skin without any Onion underneath.

receipt.