From Alexander Gabriel <a...@barbalex.ch>
Subject How to integrate a couchapp into a build-tool
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 20:54:19 GMT
Hy coucher's

Warning: Cross-posted because the couchapp-list seems dead.

I've been using the python couchapp tool now for quite a while and am happy
with it.

But I see all these nice examples of how to automate building with gulp and
grunt. With all the goodies like concatenating, live previews etc. And I'm
using gulp successfully in a non-couchapp-project. Love the piping.

Being a relative noob I haven't done any automated testing yet. I want to
start now. I haven't decided on a favorite tool yet - probably any one
would do as long as I can integrate it with building a couchapp.

All examples and tutorials I've seen show how to build and test when using
grunt or gulp.

Here come the questions:

   - What would I have to do differently when using a couchapp?
   - Is there a grunt or gulp tool that can replace the python couchapp
   tool? How would one migrate an existing couchapp?
   - Do you know of any example or tutorial?

Thanks a lot for pointers!

By the way: I work on Windows 8 which I believe excludes some other
couchapp-tools that may have some of the mentioned capabilities.

Alex