From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: Socket Error While Working
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 11:31:43 GMT
In my 1.3.1 production environmet I see this error every 5secs while
couchdb is working and no monit, upstart, ... process is monitoring it!

Address In Use is the mochiweb http server failing to bind to the IP address as another process
has already taken it. Usually this means that you have 2 couchdb instances trying to run simultaneously.

`pgrep beam` and `pgrep couch` should show this up. depending on your OS, you’ll see the
couchdb shell script  and a corresponding erlang VM as well.