From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Installation Problem CouchDB Webfaction
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 21:42:46 GMT

Sorry, didn't know about attachments. Here
link<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B74UOzHjWjJ8MVpWQks0RnhUckxfMjM4N0Zaai02QzFWUXlJ/edit?usp=sharing>

and
link<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B74UOzHjWjJ8bFJtcDdydzYtVHZQcWVocE92U0tMV2xhaFpR/edit?usp=sharing>

.
Honestly I don't have background with erlang and run scripts one another, I
mean it could have errors before starting.

I will be very happy if could decrypt what this dump at start means.

Thanks.

Hi Rinat,

Did you get these intructions from somewhere particular? They’re quirky.

I’d recommend using Erlang OTP R14B04 in preference BTW. The instructions won’t change.

A few changes:

> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js-1.8.0-rc1.tar.gz

use http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js185-1.0.0.tar.gz instead. It’s the
latest version that CouchDB supports.

This copying of spidermonkey bits around looks dodgy, it should be possible to pass a
`—with-js-include` to couchdb’s ./configure script to detect this without copying bits
around. See https://community.webfaction.com/questions/557/installing-couchdb/14839
for one way to do this.

> wget http://www.takeyellow.com/apachemirror/couchdb/0.9.1/apache-couchdb-1.5.1.tar.gz

weird URL that doesn’t work for me, but

http://tweedo.com/mirror/apache/couchdb/source/1.5.1/apache-couchdb-1.5.1.tar.gz

should be fine.

https://community.webfaction.com/questions/557/installing-couchdb/14839

While you’re ssh’d into the server building these components from scratch, please keep
the logfiles handy.

If this fails at some point, we can use those to work out what’s failed.

Good luck :-)

A+
Dave