From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is the revision field deterministic?
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 09:41:52 GMT
Jens,

On 9 April 2014 18:30, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2014, at 3:48 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hm..Naming becomes confused. While I'm aware about TouchDB,
> > personally, as user, I thought that Couchbase Lite is some kind
> > version of Couchbase product. Couchbase Lite for small business,
> > Couchbase Server for enterprise one
>
> I understand, and raised the issue when renaming came up (in early 2013.)
> But the product marketing folks’ priorities are Couchbase customers and
> potential customers, rather than the smaller set of people who already knew
> about TouchDB.
>
> > I'm sorry for my tone in this case. Would you have some time to create
> > an article in CouchDB wiki about comparison CBL with CouchDB and with
> > few words about why CBS isn't the same to bring to the end confusion
> > between Couchbase and CouchDB?
>
> Apology accepted, and that’s a great idea. Maybe there could be a
> collection of pages about the various databases in the CouchDB ecosystem,
> including PouchDB, Cloudant’s server, and Cloudant’s new mobile library
> (which is a fork of TouchDB.)
>
> Right now we’re nearing code-freeze for Couchbase Lite 1.0, so I’m a bit
> busy, but I’ll make a note to do this soon.

Maybe you find time for a writeup on this? That would be awesome as we do
have issues with naming in the Couch-World.

Thanks a lot and Cheers

Andy

P.S.: You are welcome to use the new cwiki at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Databases+in+the+CouchDB+ecosystem

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany