From Interactive Blueprints <p.van.der.e...@interactiveblueprints.nl>
Subject Re: Help understanding crash log
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 12:47:27 GMT
> Thanks Adam,
>
> It seems like it is happening again, with more info this time.  It looks like I am hitting
some sort of system limit, can anyone point out where to look next?

Just guessing here..
What could be is that you hit the max open file limit of your system.
With "ulimit -a" you can see the limits on your system.
Usually the max open file limit is somewhere around 1024.
I noticed that couchdb loves to have a lot of files open simultaneously.

Iin the same shell you start couchdb, right before you start couchdb,
you can do a "ulimit -a 4096" (or another large value), this should
give coudhb the ability to open more files.

Hope this helps.

Pieter van der Eems
Interactive Blueprints