From Nick North <nort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multipart/related attachments
Date Sat, 17 May 2014 03:54:53 GMT
It definitely doesn't handle chunked data encoding for multipart requests at the moment. That's
in my as-yet-unmerged patch, so I really must go and fix the error it causes so that I can
merge it.

Nick

> On 16 May 2014, at 02:57, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
>

>> On May 14, 2014, at 5:48 AM, Rian R. Maloney <rian.maloney@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately nothing is logged in Couch and eventually my socket program will timeout.
If I add a content-length header, then couchdb will log an error but the documented example
does not include a content-length so I have removed it.

> Your client library be using chunked mode to send the body if you don’t give it a content
length. And I believe CouchDB doesn’t handle multipart data with chunked encoding … IIRC
my co-worker Traun had a lot of trouble with this a month or two ago.