From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: multipart/related attachments
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 23:57:20 GMT

On May 14, 2014, at 5:48 AM, Rian R. Maloney <rian.maloney@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately nothing is logged in Couch and eventually my socket program will timeout.
If I add a content-length header, then couchdb will log an error but the documented example
does not include a content-length so I have removed it.

Your client library be using chunked mode to send the body if you don’t give it a content
length. And I believe CouchDB doesn’t handle multipart data with chunked encoding … IIRC
my co-worker Traun had a lot of trouble with this a month or two ago.

tl;dr you may need to specify a Content-Length header to get this to work.

—Jens