From "Mclean, Adam" <adam.mcl...@rbc.com>
Subject RE: Deleting a document that has been 'copied'.
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 16:14:28 GMT
> Have you other validate_doc_update functions in other design documents in that database?
They all have to pass for an update to succeed.

> CouchDB does not apply any additional restrictions to "copied documents", it's just a
document like any other. (CouchDB won't even know, afterwards, that you copied it from somewhere
else at all).

> B.

Just the one validate_doc_update.  The unusual thing is with the exact same user a document
that hasn't been copied can be deleted.  Only after the copy does it become locked down to
only 'admins' being able to delete it.  Could it be related to in-line attachments with the
copied documents? (I'm creating inline attachments, then copying the document).  Let me put
a few test cases together and try it against 1.5.1, and if it still occurs I'll open a bug.

This email may be privileged and/or confidential, and the
sender does not waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this email or the
information it contains by other than an intended recipient
is unauthorized. If you received this email in error,
please advise the sender (by return email or otherwise)
immediately. You have consented to receive the attached
electronically at the above-noted email address; please retain a
copy of this confirmation for future reference.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce
pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion,
utilisation ou copie de ce courriel ou des renseignements qu'il
contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s)
désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur,
veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur immédiatement, par retour de courriel
ou par un autre moyen. Vous avez accepté de recevoir le(s) document(s)
ci-joint(s) par voie électronique à l'adresse courriel indiquée ci-dessus;
veuillez conserver une copie de cette confirmation pour les fins de reference future.