From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB won't start on Fedora 19 with systemctl
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 06:16:42 GMT
From: Del Checcolo, Christopher christopher.delcheccolo@noblis.org
Reply: user@couchdb.apache.org user@couchdb.apache.org
Date: 24. April 2014 at 07:44:34
To: user@couchdb.apache.org user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject:  Re: CouchDB won't start on Fedora 19 with systemctl

> Thank you very much for the response. I just checked and I do have openssl-libs installed.

Assuming for the moment this is an erlang-related problem can you try this:

erl -s crypto -noshell -eval 'io:format("~p~n", [crypto:md5(crypto:strong_rand_bytes(1024))]).'
-s erlang halt

which should print out a random string resembling << 32,54, 54 … >>

If this *doesn’t* work then erlang’s crypto module is not available / not working, and
that will need to be addressed first.

If it does work, then at least couchdb should be starting up. And then I’d expect to see
a couch.log somewhere.

Next step then would be to su/sudo to the user account couchdb runs under, cd ~, and then:

couchdb -i

Which starts up couch in interactive mode, and hopefully we’ll be enlightened by the subsequent
error messages! If you’re feeling bold look at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/201205.mbox/%3CCAHZBNKaTcYWctfyY7Z1HoM6RdrWVCSKecW8TE1Np_tdJwVrxaA@mail.gmail.com%3E
for the next steps.

A+
Dave