From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Handle the Welcome Request
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 17:29:22 GMT

On Apr 14, 2014, at 11:50 PM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not, it wouldn't. The replicator doesn't request source or target UUID
> via API, but takes the value from server which runs the replication.

No, I meant the _remote_ server’s UUID. The only way to get that is to send a "GET /" request.

Anyway, I’m trying to verify this but not seeing it right now. I’m seeing CouchDB send
a HEAD /dbname and then a GET /dbname [which seem redundant!] but not the GET /. Pretty sure
I’ve seen this in the past, though, and it does seem the only way for the replicator to
get the UUID, which is used to construct the checkpoint ID (right?)

—Jens