From Alex Schenkman <a...@schenkman.info>
Subject How to delay view responses until index is rebuilt
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2014 15:48:29 GMT
Hi list,

According to what I see in the logs and the results I get, the following
might be happening. Given that:

1) I update a document (using an update handler)
2) Couch starts an index update
3) I request a view
4) I get the "old" view results
5) Couch finnish its re-indexing
6) I request the same view again
7) I get the new view results

I understand why this might be happening, but in my use case, I woud prefer
couch delaying the answer to the view request, until the index is rebuilt.
That is, once I update a document, I want views to reflect the change. Even
if this means being unresponsive for a second.

Is it possible to tell couch to behave this way?
I could not find any setting for this in the config file.

Thanks in advance!