From Mike Marino <mmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing CouchDB from Source: Problem Installing SpiderMonkey1.8.5
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:37:25 GMT
Hi Omar,

This is really a question for the SpiderMonkey list, though chances are
that fixing this problem will also mean your environment will be (better)
set up to build couchdb.  As a caveat, I have limited experience with
cygwin, but I can still tell you what that error message means.

configure runs and determines if it can actual compile/generate executables
on your system.  What that error message is telling you is that it can't,
which normally means:

1.  a compiler is not installed

or

2.  It can't find the compiler (it's not in your path, or perhaps the CC
environment variable is not getting automatically set)

Have a look at config.log to figure out which command was actually run and
failed.  Without knowing this, I can only guess what the problem is, but I
would guess you may need to define CC directly:

./configure CC=/path/to/your/compiler

Cheers,
Mike