From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: authentication_redirect is not working.
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2014 04:40:22 GMT
On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Scott Weber <scotty2541@sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Yes, I tried to implement the vhost and redirect. vhost was behaving as
> documented. The redirect was not. There was no change in behavior.

I have just tested this rule:

  [{

        "from": "/",
        "to": "index.html"
    },
    {

        "from": "/*",

        "to": "*"
    },
    ... other rules to access to dbs
]

and set the vhost to the /db/ddoc/_rewrites

and it was working as expected

> The purpose is that I was led to believe that this server would eliminate
> the need for a public facing general web server. As such, real domains show
> you actual content at their root level, not a dry "welcome to couchdb"
> message.
>

> I can see that this is not such a good idea, for a number of reasons.
> Fortunately I have already placed it in a farm behind a formal server, and
> can control access through rewrites and server side scripts. It turned into
> a classic example of using a tool for what it is good at, not trying to
> make it into something it is not designed for.

The rule above works. I did it a lot f time. Now the only part that is
really missing of the equation is the security. If you want to prevent
people to go on the root you will need to use a proxy on top.

- benoit