From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject [ANN] CouchDB monitoring: you're doing it wro...you can do it better!
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 09:16:23 GMT
Hi everyone again,

Actually, I have another one thing to share with you for today: it's
the post-guidance I wrote about monitoring CouchDB:

http://gws.github.io/munin-plugin-couchdb/guide-to-couchdb-monitoring.html

While it located in the same repository as plugin for specific
monitoring system, it's completely project neutral (with a bit
exception at the end) and aims to cover all the possibilities for
monitoring CouchDB server state. Just using only /_stats isn't enough.

If you prefer Zabiix or Nagios or something else you'll also may found
some interesting bits there.

As for discussion topic I'd like to ask everyone about how you monitor
your CouchDB in production? Which metrics are important for your and
which ones you feel missed? Experience sharing and cool stories about
how monitoring helps you to keep CouchDB good and well is welcome!

P.S. English isn't my native language, so please if you'd noticed any
misspelling or sentences with incorrect syntax, please don't shy to
send me private email with corrections. Thanks!

--