From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handle the Welcome Request
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 06:50:58 GMT
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 2:59 AM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2014, at 8:14 PM, Scott Weber <scotty2541@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Specifically I want to direct the "/" request to another url.
>
> I think doing that might break replication, because “/“ is part of the API. The pull
replicator issues a “GET /” request when it starts, to look up the remote server's UUID
and version. If it got an unexpected response, like a bunch of HTML, it might just fail with
an error.

Not, it wouldn't. The replicator doesn't request source or target UUID
via API, but takes the value from server which runs the replication.
At least that's how CouchDB's replicator works. As for others, no such
warranty could be given.

--