From Nick North <nort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: windows install
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:52:57 GMT
I'm not in front of my PC to check it out at the moment, but didn't see
this when installing myself. Did you have an earlier version of CouchDb
installed in this location before? That can cause problems, and the best
procedure is to back up your databases and ini file first, uninstall the
old version, and then install the new one.

A couple of other thoughts. Firstly - are you installing as an
Administrator? I've never tried installing as non-admin and wonder if that
might make a difference. Second: have you tried installing to a different
location to see if that works?

One other question to the other Windows people copied here: the source
files mentioned in the error seem to come from oddly different places.
Could this indicate a problem with the Windows build? I made it, so I
should probably know, but it worked fine on all the usual tests on my Win8
machine.

Nick