From Me Self <>
Subject windows install
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 08:31:44 GMT
Hi All

Having trouble installing couchdb 1.5.1_R16B02 binary on Window 7.

I selected not to install as a window service. Chose the default location
C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\CouchDB\. Ran
bin\couchdb.bat. Resulted in an endless scroll of error messages.

The readme says that permissions on /var and /etc was set to make them
accessible by anyone but they weren't. After fixing that I tried running
couchdb.bat again but same errors. What do I need to do?

This is some of the error output:

=CRASH REPORT==== 17-Apr-2014::09:59:23 ===
    initial call: couch_replicator_manager:init/1
    pid: <0.1082.0>
    registered_name: couch_replicator_manager
    exception exit: {unexpected_msg,

      in function  gen_server:terminate/6 (gen_server.erl, line 744)
    ancestors: [couch_secondary_services,couch_server_sup,<0.36.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.1011.0>,<0.1084.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true