From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Is the revision field deterministic?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 16:30:56 GMT

On Apr 9, 2014, at 3:48 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hm..Naming becomes confused. While I'm aware about TouchDB,
> personally, as user, I thought that Couchbase Lite is some kind
> version of Couchbase product. Couchbase Lite for small business,
> Couchbase Server for enterprise one

I understand, and raised the issue when renaming came up (in early 2013.) But the product
marketing folks’ priorities are Couchbase customers and potential customers, rather than
the smaller set of people who already knew about TouchDB.

> I'm sorry for my tone in this case. Would you have some time to create
> an article in CouchDB wiki about comparison CBL with CouchDB and with
> few words about why CBS isn't the same to bring to the end confusion
> between Couchbase and CouchDB?

Apology accepted, and that’s a great idea. Maybe there could be a collection of pages about
the various databases in the CouchDB ecosystem, including PouchDB, Cloudant’s server, and
Cloudant’s new mobile library (which is a fork of TouchDB.)

Right now we’re nearing code-freeze for Couchbase Lite 1.0, so I’m a bit busy, but I’ll
make a note to do this soon.

—Jens