From "Ramanadham, Radhika" <radhika.ramanad...@emc.com>
Subject RE: import csv data into couchdb document using python-cloudant module
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 14:11:56 GMT
Have a single doc with list of rows.

Also, if I may ask, what is the use of attaching the files in a doc? When do people want to
attach a file to a document?

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Metson [mailto:simon@cloudant.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 2:15 AM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: import csv data into couchdb document using python-cloudant module

Do you just want to attach the csv to a single doc (as a file) or have a single doc with a
list of rows?

On Wednesday, 2 April 2014 at 02:21, Ramanadham, Radhika wrote:

> I tried this before and it creates a unique document for each row in the csv file.

your needs, although a bit dated. There’s enough info in https://cloudant.com/blog/using-python-with-cloudant/
and the newer https://github.com/cloudant-labs/cloudant-python/ to get up to speed if not.
BTW I’m not a pythoneer (pythonista? pythonian?) so that’s as far as I can help you.

> On 01. April 2014 at 22:08:32, Benoit Chesneau (bchesneau@gmail.com) wrote:
> > https://github.com/refuge-incubator/rc_csv is a direct rcouch extension.
>

> BTW Benoît, you might want to elaborate how this apparently unrelated code might help
the OP; as far as I can tell it doesn’t?