From Scott Weber <scotty2...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject authentication_redirect is not working.
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2014 21:28:51 GMT
Lets start with this, because it is almost exactly what I am fighting with, but it doesn't
work for me, like it did appear to work for the person how posted this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18966385/couchdb-access-denied-redirect

The application I am building is open to the public, using CouchDB for it's authentication,
and 100% inside CouchDB with all JS, CSS, HTML as attachments.

Logically the uses starts at a login page which has no security, and after success login,
are redirected to other databases that service page requests (which are based on their name,
role, etc...)

When I go directly to a database without logging in, I can't access it.  Which is fine, except
I am getting that rather dry message:

{"error":"unauthorized","reason":"You are not authorized to access this db."}
Which is really counter intuitive for an application.

I have set the authentication redirect as describe in the link, to send them to the login
page, but nothing happens.  I still get the above dry message.

This is on both IE and FF.

Any idea how to get an acceptable page?

-Scott