From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What is _missing_revs and how is it different from _revs_diff?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 18:10:53 GMT
Old, I believe. It predates _revs_diff. I think this around when filipe made major improvements
to the replicator.

B.

On 31 Mar 2014, at 18:30, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> I just discovered a “/db/_missing_revs” endpoint in the API spec[1]. It looks as
though it’s mostly identical to _revs_diff. Is this new? And what’s the advantage over
_revs_diff? The response contains less information.

> (Actually, I discovered _missing_revs via a bug report from a user who found CouchDB’s
replicator sending it to the Couchbase Sync Gateway, which doesn’t have any handler for
it. Oops.)