From Stanley Iriele <siriele...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bigcouch vs couchbase
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 21:58:54 GMT
Thanks again Jens for the reply... Couchbase has documentation on
this...and gobs of marketing... But bigcouch does not...

In bigcouch...all nodes can handle every request... But let's say a node
cannot reach the nodes that have a key..like node A knows it needs to read
from nodes B and C but cannot reach them.... But has a copy of the data
locally but was given r=2 for consent read... What does bigcouch do?

Potentially return stale data?.. Throw an error?....

I know that bigcouch is based on the dynamo white paper... But so is
Cassandra...and riak and you cab at least find out the answers to these
questions with a little googling. Again I'm eternally grateful for the
page that even has a CAP theorem chart..(which is freaking awesome)..