From Stanley Iriele <siriele...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bigcouch vs couchbase
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:31:05 GMT
Thanks for that explanation... The documentation around this area is sparse
at best. I know that bigcouch uses a quorum for consent reads and writes...
I am not sure if it is possible to get stale data in bigcouch since each
Nide knows the keyspace and the node that owns that key....I am however a
tad biased towards couchDB though... List ,show, and update handler
functions give me a nice abstraction saves me the cost of a get and a put
of a giant blobs..but more importantly... The business logic of an update
is not sprinkled all over code... That said...the sync gateway in couchbase
is written in go.. So...that's an instant +1in my book.. But I digress

Why would you say that couchbase scales better?... And does bigcouch ever
return conflicts to the user? How is the "which write won" problem solved?