From Gabriel de Oliveira Barbosa <manobi.olive...@gmail.com>
Subject Bulk deletes and disk size
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 04:07:15 GMT
Hello,

In our production system we are doing "bulk delete" by update docs with
"_deleted:true".
This is done in an on-demand aggregation process, so it delete a lot of
documents per minutes and updates the daily aggregated doc in database.
In the end of the day we should have 1 aggregated doc with 7k _revs
(compacted periodically) and 7k documents deleted.

But our disk usage are increasing too much fast, looks like that deleted
documents are still there.

After my "bulk delete" process (to replicate the deletes in other
instances) I could run a purge operation, to really remove the deleted doc
from the disk.

I'm afraid of purge operation increase my query time (reindex) and as
consequence overflow my server resources.

What should I do in this case?

Thanks