From Alexander Gabriel <a...@barbalex.ch>
Subject getting rewrite to work (ignore last mail, was malformed...)
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 10:58:02 GMT
Hi couchers

Linux- and networking-noob here.

I'm having a hard time trying to get rewrites to work.

My goal is this:
User goes to http://artdaten.ch
User gets forwarded to http://artdaten.ch/artendb/_design/artendb/index.html

or better: index.html opens at http://artdaten.ch/index.html

What I've done:

to forward from port 80 to port 5984:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 5984

in etc/couchdb/local.ini:
port = 5984
bind_address = 0.0.0.0
in [vhost] section: artdaten.ch:5984 = /artendb/_design/artendb/_rewrite
service couchdb restart

in rewrites.json:
[
{
"from": "",
"to": "index.html"
}
]

This works. Well, sort of: index.html opens at http://artdaten.ch/index.html.
But now lots of paths aren't found, so no functionality nor stying.
So I added some rules to rewrites.json:

[
{
"from": "",
"to": "index.html"
},
{
"from": "favicon.ico",
"to": "favicon.ico"
},
{
"from": "style/*",
"to": "style/*"
},
{
"from": "images/*",
"to": "images/*"
},
{
"from": "vendor/*",
"to": "vendor/*"
},
{
"from": "fonts/*",
"to": "fonts/*"
},
{
"from": "_view/*",
"to": "_view/*"
},
{
"from": "_list/*",
"to": "_list/*"
},
{
"from": "_updates/*",
"to": "_updates/*"
}
]

The files in style, images, vendor and fonts are now found. But views and
lists aren't.

Plus pushing the couchapp with the traditional python-tool doesn't work any
more. I have to comment out "artdaten.ch:5984 =
/artendb/_design/artendb/_rewrite" in the vhost section of local.ini to
push, reinstate vhost, then restart couchdb. Very pesky.

(Plus somehow when changing rewrite rules and local.ini repeatedly I have
managed to be completely refused ssh-access by my virtual server twice
now...)

Can you help?

Alex